I love Greek food, but was getting bored with my usual dips. So I decided to try something new. I am really pleased to say that this is a total success. It’s deliciously flavorful and quick to make. The fresh basil, lemon juice, and olive oil complement the tanginess of the feta.
You can serve this feta spread as an appetizer, but I actually serve it as part of Greek night at the Kelso house along with hummus, a Greek salad, and chicken kebobs marinated in yogurt (recipes coming soon!).
If you’re avoiding carbs, serve this alongside your favorite vegetables.
- 12 ounces (about 3 cups) feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup packed fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- ground black pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until fully combined but not smooth. You want it to be a little lumpy.
- Serve immediately or keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve. May be made 6-8 hours ahead of time.